|Francis Small Heritage Trust, Inc.
PO Box 414 · Limerick ME 04048 · 207-221-0853 · www.FSHT.org
Caring for land and a way of life in Southern Maine
The Sawyer Mountain Highlands as viewed from Coffin Hill Road
The Francis Small Heritage Trust is a private, not-for-profit conservation land trust that was founded in 1990. We obtain land and easements for public access and traditional uses such as hiking, hunting, fishing, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiles on existing trails. The Trust owns 1472 acres and holds easements on an additional 308 acres, all in Northern York County, Maine.
The Trust also sponsors educational programs where school groups can explore beaver dams, old foundations, natural areas, and hiking trails.
The Trust is staffed entirely by volunteers and is funded by memberships, contributions, and grants. There are no program fees to use Trust lands.
Please use the tabs to the left to explore the Trust lands and offerings.
The mission of the Francis Small Heritage Trust is to conserve natural resources and provide for public access.
... and how we carry it out
- By accepting donations of land and conservation easements
- By presenting educational programs to help foster an appreciation of land and nature
- By acquiring land through purchase
- By providing information and support to towns and landowners
- By protecting the present character of the land centered around the five Ossipee towns of Limerick, Cornish, Limington, Newfield, and Parsonsfield by ensuring the continuation of natural areas while supporting compatible uses, such as agriculture and forestry
Home · Sawyer Mountain Highlands · Jagolinzer Preserve · Bald Ledge · Poulin Preserve · The Heath · Easements · Rare and Endangered Plants · Photo Gallery · Newsletters · Jacob's Ladder Booklets · Captain Sandy and Francis Small · Dragonflies · Directors · Financial Info · Links · Donations · Contact Us